Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Heard from the Lawyer! Oh my Heart!

I hear my phone ring and see the caller id give a California number! Anxiously and nervously I answer the phone and am greatly relieved to hear the amazing lawyer's assistance's voice. I have fallen in love with her! She is so super sweet and relate-able and am so grateful for her! She tells me that they finally heard back from the donors attorney and that the donors wanted to make a few changes of the contract we sent....

1.) They don't want there to be ANY form of communication or contact possible. Initially the contract said that either family could contact the clinic and that the clinic would contact the other family. A safe way, and gives either side the option of saying no, but they don't even want that as an option! My heart sunk!!! I'm sure they have their reasons, and I respect that, but my heart breaks for these babies! When they get older and wonder why, or who, or wish they could get to know their genetic sibling! We knew going the anonymous way would be harder, but it was nice thinking we had the possibility of hope to give them! But, that's okay, because we know God wanted us to go this route to give them the LOVE they so deserve and we WILL!

2.) We are not allowed to donate to a third party, if we don't use all the embryos, then we have to destroy them! WHAT?!?!?! My GOD have MERCY!!! We plan to give the chance of life to each one of them, but what if, heaven for bid, something happens to me during one of the pregnancies, to where I can't have anymore children?! I COULD NOT destroy them, so the LORD has to keep my body safe for THEM!!! However, if necessary we could use a surrogate. Thankful we have that as an option, all though I pray we never have to go that route!

Beyond this gut wrenching news is at least a LIGHT at the end of the tunnel! We will sign off on the final copy (tonight hopefully) and then they have to sign and return and they will be OURS!!! Hopefully by early next week!!!! THEN WE CAN SET AN FET DATE!!!!!

Prayers:
    1.) That the donor couple will not be lackadaisical in getting it signed and returned!
    2.) Finances
    3.) To give me wisdom in setting up all the details for the trip to LA for the FET. I need to find someone that can go with me, because I will be drugged up and unable to drive and will have to be on bed-rest for a few days before returning home. Also, to find good flights, hotel, ect....

THANK YOU

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I'm so, so sorry!!! Our domestically adopted daughter's birth mom initially did not want contact, then she changed her mind- id it possible for you to leave a letter or card w/ your attorney, their attorney or the clinic...in case THEY change their mind? I'm so, so sorry about the bad news and am so glad our Lord led you to these embryos!!! They are very blessed already!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete