Friday, December 6, 2013

Monumental Day!

Today was the day I've been waiting for. FET day! Yesterday we (my friend Michelle and I) flew from Kansas City to LA. The flight was a bit long with my second one getting delayed which meant we didn't get to bed till quite late. I was hoping since I was so tired that I would have slept like a rock, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I tossed and turned and when I did sleep I had a nightmare. However, that meant I did a lot of praying!! The morning went pretty smooth. We stayed at Michelle's parents house, and they are super sweet! Her mom made us yummy muffins, and I got a shower before it was time to leave for the clinic. Here are some pictures of the beautiful scenery on the the way!

 We got there right on time!!
 We ended up waiting a LONG time, but that didn't bother me because I didn't have any where else to be, and I want him to take as long as he needs with his patients, because good patient care is hard to come by some times! Plus, I had my awesome friend with me to keep me company, make me laugh, and keep things light!

 We finally got to our room and the embryologist came in to show me my sweet embies!! These were the first ones they thawed and I kept getting told on how good they looked! Woohoo! It's pretty emotional getting to see your babies at such an early stage and made it so much more real!!

First they did a mock transfer, and then did it with the 2 embies. It was really cool to be able to see it!! And it didn't hurt at all! SUPER EASY!!





 Now I have this beautiful sonogram picture! They are in my uterus, but they have to implant themselves! Please agree in prayer with me that they both will implant and grow into healthy babies!!
The little white spot in the middle of the heart are the embryos!

By the time we got out of the clinic, we were pretty hungry, so we hit a New York style restaurant and really enjoyed my pizza slice! It was HUGE, but I actually ate the whole thing! I'm eating for 3 for now :) Then we went to a hotel on the beach to rest and got a complimentary drink!! I got a super yummy virgin pina colda!

           

Then we got to watch a pretty sunset from our room! Now time to get some rest! Tomorrow...some tourism

No comments:

Post a Comment